Sunday, July 6, 2008

updates ...

I haven't had time to post much lately, so I just wanted to post a couple of pics here
to show the progress of our Three Sisters Garden
since it was planted on June 1st, and since the last update on June 14th.

Also, here's a picture of the Bean Pole Teepee, taken this weekend.

You can see the difference between the plants growing in the pot in the middle, which is filled with rich garden soil, as opposed to the plants growing in the vermiculite-compost-peat moss mix, recommended in The Square Foot Gardening method. Both raised beds filled with this mixture have been doing very poorly, and I ended up digging them up this weekend and mixing in the same Garden Soil I used for the Three Sisters Garden. I transplanted the tomato plants and they already seem to be doing better .... more updates and pics next weekend!

No comments: