We rec'd our certificate last week, but the yard sign has yet to arrive.Our yard is now officially certified as a NWF Wildlife Habitat! And yesterday I discovered some *NEW* wildlife in my new shady perennial garden:
We've seen wild rabbits in the backyard and on the hill often, but since planting in the rockwall garden last month, I've been observing one rabbit almost daily, hopping in and out of the garden; last evening I discovered why!

Since the rock wall is filled w/compost along with the hay and droppings from under our rabbit hutches, it must have "smelled like home" to her and she decided to make a burrow and have her babies in it!
How cool! We really do have a Backyard Wildlife Habitat now!
A few weeks ago I took this photo
of a nest with just one egg in it and now it appears to have been abandoned. Last year there was a nest in a neighboring bush which had better results!
1 comment:
Our Sign has arrived! Just need to decide where to hang it now...
Post a Comment